Wednesday 27 January 2010

Plateaus and Persevering.

Sorry it has been so long since I posted. This is really just a quick update as I am very busy at work these days! What with luncheons to cook for and dinner parties. This weekend alone, I have a dinner party on Friday night, a Christening Luncheon (for 30 people) on Saturday and a brunch on Sunday. I still have all the shopping to do for each occasion and the cooking. There will be no rest for the wicked this weekend for sure!

Since I last posted I had hit somewhat of a plateau. My weight was not going down, nor was it going up. (thankfully!) It was a bit of a bummer . . . we all like to see the scales going down and it can be a bit discouraging to see it staying the same . . . day after day after day.

I knew it wouldnt' stay that way forever though. I have kept applying the principles to my life and living as I have been living. Only eating when hungry and only eating until satisfied, and moving my body. And finally two days ago, the scales went down another two pounds. Yayy!!!

I haven't lost my mojo.

3 comments:

  1. My friend who is a weight watcher leader says when on a plateau we should avoid carbs and do more protein and veggies for a few days. It seems to work. My big enemy is carbs! Arrgh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goody goody goody another couple of pounds..You are doing so well Marie...It really must be the hardest thing for such a wonderful cook as you are to loose any weight as it is only natural that you have to test and try !! But your getting there and I so admire you.
    Love Sybil x

    ReplyDelete
  3. so happy for you! i have been following your model and think
    i have shrunk a bit but don't have any scales.

    you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. Please be kind and constructive.