Friday 14 May 2010

Me too . . .

I think I have lost and gained the same four pounds half a dozen times over these past weeks. I have no excuse. I haven't been listening to my cd every morning, or paying attention to what I am eating like I should be. I have been overly distracted by my other problems, health and otherwise. I need to give myself a good kick in the pants as well. I tell myself every morning, today I am going to do better and then I don't. I have been trying to take long walks every day though, which hasn't been easy. I have been told I probably have Pagets Disease. I am experiencing an incredible amount of pain in my right hip, knee, thigh, ankle, etc. In short all the way from my lower back down to my ankle and all on the right hand side of my body. I wish Margaret was here . . . We have really been through the mill during these past few months and we still have a few hardships to go through yet. Things are pretty bad financially at the moment. I need to start writing everything down again and tracking what I am eating and why, and listening to my cd's again. I haven't actually put any weight on, what with taking it off again, but I haven't lost any further than I was several months ago. This could be disheartening, but in the light of all I have been through I guess it's not too bad. I don't want to stick here though. I want the scales to start moving down again.

4 comments:

  1. I wish I had only gained back 4 pounds. I say you are a big success! The rest of it is not your fault, Marie. Be kind to yourself. You have been through a lot and none of it your doing. Hold you head up high and the hand of the Savior...better yet let him carry you for awhile!

    I have an idea...it sounds silly but, become a Michael Ball Fan, his music is heavenly, he is a sweetheart and you will feel like dancing! And if you can ever catch a concert of his when things are better you will be floating for some time. It will cheer you up, I promise.

    If you can get your hands on a copy of Andrew Lloyd Webber's 50th Birthday Celebration or better yet the DVD of the Dream Cast for Les Mis that was performed at the Royal Albert...I think it is the 10th Anniversary. Michael plays Marius. It is so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time for some mutual support I think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, Marie, given all you've been through, I think it's an awesome testimony that you didn't gain more than that four pounds which you have now lost again, and managed to maintain the weight loss from before your move. Wish I could say I'm maintaining something instead of creeping up, up, up. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there, Marie! You've been going through a very rough time- maintaining is pretty impressive in the face of all that! I've been in a slump since moving almost a year ago, it takes some time to adjust-- and you've had a lot more to cope with besides just the move! You will get there- you've got all the tools. I hope you can been seen soon for your scans and that the treatment will help with the pain, then you'll be able to walk more easily and that will help. Thinking of you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. Please be kind and constructive.