Tuesday 18 January 2011

WHERE IS EVERYBODY?

"And let us not grow weary while doing good,
for in due season we shall reap if we do not
lose heart."  (Galatians 6:9)

As I go about my 'one step forward, two step back dance' I'm wondering if any of you are still out there.  I miss you.  Would love to see a post now and then to encourage me that I'm not still waging this battle alone.  Some days I feel like giving up, but then I remember the above verse and keep on keeping on.

Actually, there has been some very small progress.  For Christmas, I updated my Wii Fit to a Wii Fit Plus, and that, plus the result of an enormous amount of prayer, has motivated me to start exercising regularly again.  As a result, I have at least not gained back any more weight, and am still sort of hovering around the one pound I did manage to lose a while back. 

Hey all, this is the beginning of a new year, a new decade even.  Who's going to join me in some renewed efforts towards achieving our goal?

Blessings,

Great-Granny Grandma

9 comments:

  1. I'm afraid that I lost the plot over this past year, and have gained back most if not all of what I lost. I am ashamed of that. :-( I was doing so well and now I feel, once again, like a failure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Marie, I'm ashamed to say I blew the whole thing! What I have learnt from this is that I should not make claims in public which I know in my heart of hearts I cannot achieve! And try again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I joined weight watchers (AGAIN) yesterday. It works for me if I actually follow it! I need to remember not every day is a special occasion, at least when it comes to food. Don't give up ladies. Let's all give it another go! We don't fail until we quit trying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Bonnie. Let's all give it another go together--and Marie and Angie, don't be feeling ashamed and like a failure or that you can't do it. Those are just lies from the pits of hell. Think of yourselves (as I am doing too) as babies learning to walk. They take a step or two and fall down, and pick themselves right up and try again--and again--and again--and again--and (you get the picture) until they finally get it right. For some of us it may take longer than others, but that's okay. We can all do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really appreciate the scripture you used in this blog. I also appreciate your kind words on my blog and that you took the time to inform me about Angie. I you have my condolences. I wish I had got the chance to know her like you did. God Bless you and give you the strength to make positive movements forward in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am down a stone since I started. Day by day we can do this ladies! Who is with me?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie, I have not had the heart to come here since Angie passed away. Came today only because I saw you comment. Would you like to be added as a contributer to this page? We could maybe spur each other on. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, like Marie, didn't have the heart to come back here anymore since Angie passed away, but I am with you, Bonnie. I started Weight Watchers again a few weeks ago,their new Points Plus plan, which seems a lot easier to stick to, and am also trying to be a little more consistent with the exercising on my Wii Fit. So far have lost 7 pounds (don't know how that converts to stone). Nineteen more to go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharon, that is half a stone! Well done! I am going to start the One Step Program this week. Let's hope it works. I am thoroughly disgusted with myself. :-(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. Please be kind and constructive.