Tuesday 10 January 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

      (POSTED by Great-Granny Grandma)

"One thing I do, forgetting those things
which are behind and reaching forward
to those things which are ahead, I press
toward the goal for the prize of the
upward call of God in Christ Jesus."
(Philippians 3:13-14)

Where is everyone?  Do you realize it's been a whole year since anyone posted?  I didn't until this morning when I decided to take a look at this blog.  How time flies.

Now we're starting a brand New Year.  Who's with me in giving it another go and making this this the year we achieve our goals?  We cannot do it in our own strength, but we can through Christ who strengthens us (Philippians 4:13), and by cheering and encouraging each other on.

There are  many Scriptures that encourage me too--like 1 Corinthians 10:13 -- "No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man, but God is faithful who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it."  How's that for a promise?

Hebrews 12:1 tells us we even have a great cloud of witnesses watching us run our race and cheering us on--and this is a race where everyone who reaches the finish line wins a crown (1 Corinthians 24-27).  So what's stopping us.  Let's go!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandy . . . I think when we lost Angie a little bit of the wind went out of our sails. I have gained back all of the weight I had lost now and then some. You are right, time to get back in the saddle! Those are some great scriptures you have posted there. Very inspiring. xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. Please be kind and constructive.