Saturday 12 September 2009

Early Morning Thoughts

It's quarter to three in the morning and I can't sleep. I've been awake with a headache for most of the night. I hate it when that happens, especially when I know I have important stuff to do in the morning. I've struggled with insomnia for most of my adult life. I believe it must be heriditary as I have seen my father struggle with the same thing. It can be very frustrating. Most nights I have a difficult time sitting through any program longer than half an hour on the telly, as I am falling asleep during them . . . and then I get into bed and as soon as the lights go out . . . bingo! I'm awake. It's hard to turn off your brain sometimes, but most especially when you've been working until late in the evening, which was the case for me last night.

Watching what I eat becomes harder when I am tired, or at least it always has done. It has always seemed like my control and willpower completely disappear when my brain is operating on half power. Normally, when I am really tired, such as when I occasionally work all night, the next day I could eat for England . . . devouring unconciously anything that falls within my radar. I have noticed though, since I have been doing the hypno-therapy this hasn't really been a problem. I've had to work all night several times and each time I have been able to keep the munchies to a minumum the next day, which is really and truly amazing to me.

I had posted several before and now pictures on my other page and thought it would be fun to post them here.




This is me, probably a good year and a half ago. At the largest I have ever been. I gave this the title of "Yuck." I have always hated having my picture taken, and this is one of my least favourites ever. One of the missionaries that we frequently have to dinner wanted to take a picture of Todd and myself for his memory album. I was less than thrilled, but you'd never know it from the photo. Laughing on the outside, but secretly cringing on the inside. But that's the old me . . .



This is one taken just last week. I look quite a bit smaller than in the first one, although to be sure I still have a long ways to go. I think this is the first picture I've allowed to be taken of me in years that I haven't inwardly cringed while it's been taken. My clothes are getting quite a bit looser, but I haven't gone to the expense of buying any new ones yet. Like I said . . . I still have quite a ways to go and I will wait a few more sizes before I buy anything new. That blouse is quite new though, or at least it is a newer one that I bought a few years back and was never able to wear. When I did put it on last week, it was loose. I thought I better get some use out of it before it was too late!

My maternal grandmother was a very large woman. There are very few pictures of her in existance. She hated having her picture taken and so only very rarely was anyone able to capture her image. Kind of sad really. I know how she must have felt. I also know how I feel as her grand-daughter and how much I would love to have a picture of her that I could look at and love. It doesn't matter to me that she was large in stature. I love her anyways and when I get to the other side I shall tell her so . . . she died of cancer when I was around 5 years old. I had always been her favourite grandchild, and I miss her still.

One of the things that this therapy program has been really helpful with is with learning to be more accepting of myself, fat or thin. I think that probably we are always our own worst critics when it comes to things like that, and I have always been really harsh on myself . . . could barely look at myself in the mirror a lot of the time. Even when I was thin, I never really felt pretty. That probably has a lot to do with having been married to an emotionally and mentally abusive man. It was his purpose in life to make me feel useless and unattractive. I wish I'd known then what I know now.

I'm rather beautifully created I think . . . and it's all natural!

9 comments:

  1. WOW MARIE..I HAD NO IDEA!! IS THERE ANYTHNG YOU CAN SHARE WITH ME WITHOUT ME HAVING TO BE HYPNOTIZED?? THAT TERRIFIES ME BUT I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW THE SECRETS..YOU LOOK AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing and a beautiful princess...the daughter of 'The King' !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie! Marie! Dear Marie! I am just so THRILLED for YOU! Whatever works is what we must do. Look at you in that lovely colorful blouse showing off your waist...isn't it exciting? The hypnotizing method is surely working or how else could you cook and bake all that delicious food and STILL LOOSE WEIEGHT??? It just wonderful for you and I know you will get to your goal weight!

    Hugs, Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Marie! How could anyone be unkind to you? It boggles the mind! I too have never liked getting my picture taken. The last few years I have realized that I need to get over it and leave something for my grandkids! Now I don't mind so much but I do have right of censorship and still delete a lot of them.

    When I was in grade school about 2nd grade there is a picture of my class. I had taken a pen and completely scratched out my entire body. Wat is sad about that is I was 7. What makes a child feel like that at 7? I wish I knew. My parents were lovely people...it wasn't some weird family I grew up in so I am puzzled.

    I am so proud of you for posting your before photo (I am not there yet!) and how you look now is just amazing! You look happy...keep on with it for yourself not anyone else. ♥ you! The real Marie has always been in there!

    ♥ Bon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you found your way to my BW blog. Check out my theme song on the bottom! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marie -- Good for you! I must have missed your post where you talked about your hypnotherapy. My mom was telling me about it yesterday. I am so thrilled for you. I thought you were adorable when I met you this past Winter, but you look great now too. I know how much losing a little makes you feel better. I gained over 60 pounds when I was pregnant with my son and it took me a few years to lose it. I felt so much better when I was closer to my normal weight.

    You are so beautiful inside and out. I just adore you!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy ALL your blogs---and dont miss a day----you are doing a wonderful job at losing your weight and you have given me an insentive to keep going this week----so thank you----any hints PLEASE pass out as Im struggling---thank you Marie Australia

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is absolutely fantastic, Marie! You are so beautiful! How inspiring. Much love - Raquel XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. Please be kind and constructive.