Monday 28 September 2009

Just checking in

I can't remember the pin number to my weight thingie down at the bottom so that I can update it. I am down another 2 pounds as of this morning. That makes a total of 32 now, which is great! I am well pleased. The Mr's PA where I work said to me yesterday that I look like I am melting away. Not bad, not bad.

I shall be challenged today though, because I have just spent all night packing with my boss, so I will be very tired, and I find that when I am tired I just can't seem to concentrate on much, although to be honest the last few times haven't been like they were in the past. IN the past, after an all night packing session, I seemed to want to munch the whole day. Last few times though I have been able to keep it down to a dull roar!!

The thing I have struggled with the most is fitting in exercise. With a full time job and most of my hours being split shift, I find that I am having a really hard time fitting much in. I do try to walk most days, but now the nights are drawing in and I don't get home most days until it is dark. I dug out my old Richard Simmons Aerobics video and I have managed to get that in a couple of mornings a week, but it is a real stretch to fit it in. I find I usually have to give up something else in order to do it.

I have never been much of an exerciser really. That's been one of my biggest challenges, but I do find that I now look forward to my walks and enjoy them when I am on them, which is a totally new experience!

I have done aerobics classes in the past. When I was younger I used to do one down at the local school and I used to jog there and jog home. Mind you I was some 25 years younger then! I can't see me jogging much these days! But then again, you never know. One of my daughters is a marathon runner and an Ultimate Frisbee Nut. The other one is a Special Olympics World Gold Medalist in Cross Country Skiing. My youngest son is a hockey and soccer player extraordinaire. In fact he coaches both now. My other two sons are kinda like me, armchair atheletes. That's not the way it has to be though and if there's one thing that this whole process has taught me, it's this . . . Move Your Body!

I've been doing really well though. Anyone who reads my other blogs knows and sees all the lovely food I cook, and that's just at home. I cook even more lovely stuff at work. I am really enjoying the freedom this whole new way of living has afforded me. I no longer feel as a slave to my appetites. My love of food no longer controls me. I now control it and that is very empowering indeed!

Angie is coming to visit me with her husband on Sunday and I am planning a slap up Sunday Lunch, which of course Angie and I will pick at and our husbands will devour. One thing I am sure of though is we shall enjoy every nibble and what's more it will be so good to finally meet in person!!!

Must get myself to bed now. It's gone 6 am and I shall turn into a punkin soon!

4 comments:

  1. You are doing so incredibly well. You're going to have to save up for all the new clothes you'll need. I hope you won't make the mistake I have made so often and keep the old ones "just in case". Actually it was more often other people doling out that advice - do they WANT me to be fat?

    Five more sleeps to Sunday!!

    love, Angie, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do your offspring get their sportiness from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they must get it from their dad, as they sure don't get it from me! I'm more artistic than athletic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes you are and just perfect the way you are. You are doing so well and I am pleased for you. I am back at it again. Doing good so far today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. Please be kind and constructive.