Tuesday 20 October 2009

I hope this will work for me.

Hello.... My name is Lura. I am a 65 year old grammy who has battled my weight as long as I can remember. I used to be quite slim but it was only with extreme dieting and lots of exercise that I managed it.
...
Several years ago I injured both of my feet. I was in casts and a wheelchair for some time. The lack of exercise made me put on 40 pounds. Now that I am better, I have been trying to get the weight off without success. The doctor checked my metabolism and said that it is the lowest of anyone he has ever checked. My BMR is 875. I keep trying but have more or less given up being slim again.
...
A few weeks ago Marie told me about Paul McKenna's book "I Can Make You Thin". She told me Angie had read the book and was listening to the CD. I ordered the book and read it 4 weeks ago. It makes sense to me. I listen to the CD everyday...I even listened to it every day of my recent 2 week vacation. I have not weighed. I want to but I am afraid if I do and see that I have not lost weight that I will get discouraged and give up. (I have done that in the past.) I am only eating when I am hungry...and only until I am satisfied. I think my clothes are looser, but I am not sure. I am so hoping this will work for me. I hope...I hope...I hope...

2 comments:

  1. Lura, so glad that you can join me and Angie here on Going Down, Down, Down. I was glad that I could share Paul's book with you. If you lived over here in England, I would share my Margaret with you, but you aren't so Paul is the closest thing to it that I can share. I am happy that the three of us, You, Angie and myself can work together on this. They do say that more hands make light work and I just know that we will be able to support and inspire each other and any readers we might have in a very positive way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Lura! How I hope Marie and I can at least give you encouragement.

    Try and get weighed soon. For all you know you've already lost some but you need to know so you have a yardstick. Whatever the scales say, it's ok. Don't be discouraged - if you follow Paul McK's advice your weight can only go down, down, down!

    And don't worry if sometimes you gain a pound or two (like celebrating with your family). It'll go again. Promise!

    love as ever, Angie, xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. Please be kind and constructive.