Wednesday 21 October 2009

What is Hypno Therapy

A lot of people have asked me what exactly is hypno therapy. What happens exactly. Hypno Therapy is a combination of things. Yes, there is hypnosis, but there is also therapy which goes hand in hand with the hypnosis. I have found the therapy part of it to be so very helpful. Margaret and I talk about things. There is always an underlying reason to why we do the things we do, why we have the habits we have. Being able to talk about these things with Margaret has really helped me to reason out why I have had this problem relationship with food that I have had for so long. I really think the therapy sessions have been the secret to my success thus far.

Hypnosis is not at all scary. It's a bit like daydreaming. Sometimes I am totally aware the whole time of what is going on, and then at others I am not. It all depends on which level I am able to relax down into. Always, it is relaxing and calming. I just find myself drifting off into another "plane" of existance I guess, where I am neither asleep, nor am I totally awake, but I am aware, and I can stop it any time I feel the need to do so. It's a way to get in touch with my inner consciousness.

This week I thought I would see how I would get along without writing down everything I eat. I am 4 days into that idea and I don't like it. I am going to start writing everything down again today. When I write it all down, I feel much better about it. I want to be totally conscious of what I am putting into my mouth, and not taking note of it just makes it too easy to forget . . . I have little journals that I write down everything I eat in, and my level of hunger, and what I am doing when I eat, etc. This has been very helpful to me. I stop and think before I go to eat something . . . do I really want to have to write this down??? If the answer is no, then it's probably a good indication that I shouldn't be eating it! (and so I don't eat it.) Sure, I could cheat and not write it down, but then . . . who would I really be cheating? I think we all know the answer to that one.

And so today I will start writing it all down again.

Whew!! That feels better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. Please be kind and constructive.